Seminar: Transshipment for IPR Protection
The European Chamber of Commerce in Hong Kong co-hosted a breakfast seminar on the topic of transshipment with the Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department on Tuesday 2nd of June 2015. The panel discussed the “The challenge of Transshipment in IPR Protection”. Annika Hiltunen, COO of Fintrade-Mercer Group and Vice-Chair of the European Brands Protection Council, moderated the event.
The presentations and interactive discussion focused on the role Hong Kong plays in the enforcement and protection of IPR as a major port and transshipment hub. The topic is increasingly relevant, as there has been a major increase in total containers of goods imported into Hong Kong from China in the last years.
The well-rounded panel brought together both brand owners and law enforcement agencies to highlight the cooperation undertaken by the various stakeholders in improving the enforcement of IPR protection in transshipment.
The panel consisted of the following distinguished speakers:
- Opening Remarks by Albert Ho, Assistant Commissioner, Hong Kong Customs and Excise Department
- Alan Chiu, Partner, Hogan Lovells LLP
- Y P Wong, Group Head (Intellectual Property Investigation (Operations), Hong Kong, Customs and Excise Department
- Eben Roberts, Deputy Attaché, DHS/ICE Homeland Security Investigations
- Stanislas Barro, Senior Brand Protection Manager, Kering Asia Pacific Limited